Sunday, September 8, 2013

Blog Post #3

Peer editing is a great way to improve yours or another person's work. Your peers are surrounding you; they are the ones that are the same age as you, usually in your class. After looking at the Peer editing tutorial,I now know how to properly edit the writing of my peers. I know that I always need to stay positive, give complements, and make suggestions for corrections politely.
Now that I've watched the humorous video, Writing Peer Review TOP 10 mistakes, I know not only how NOT to give feedback, but also how NOT to receive the feedback. No one wants a Picky Patty or a Whatever William! Both of these assignments were very insightful and are something that I believe every teacher needs to know. Teaching this to our students will make them better writers!

While reading the blogs of my peers,I realized that they both have good blogs thus far. If i were to find a minor error, I would maybe announce it. If I were to find the error continuously repeated, I would email or text said peer. Peer editing is much different than editing the work of your students, because these are college students who are the same age as you, so the feeling of not wanting to offend, is increased. I believe that it is more appropriate at this time to tell your peers in a more private way, since we are so close to becoming professionals. However, I do not think you should ever not tell your peers about this mistake because all you are truly doing is helping their work, and it is appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Very well though out. I really like your blog. The illustrations are awesome and your writing is very good. Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete