Sunday, September 15, 2013

C4T 1&2

I was assigned dmlcentral for my required C4T's.

C4T #1 The first post I read was titled "Teaching Surveillance". This was about a teacher explaining to his student what digital tolls they would be using throughout the semester, and correct ways to keep them protected. One example he gives is "dropbox", saying that although it is useful, the company gives itself access to user files, so your material is not always "safe". He strongly encourages his students to back up their data. He explains that he wants to inform his students about all of the potential threats in digital media. Here is the comment I left him: Hello, my name is Miriah Grantham. I am an Elementary education student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I was assigned your blog for my EDM310 class, and it is very interesting to me. I like how you inform your students about the "safety" of their online documents. It always thrills me to read a blog and learn something in the process; You have just taught me things I had no idea about! I look forward to reading more of your posts.

C4T #2 This post was titled "Using Social Media for Women's Rights". This was about helping to protect women like a 23 year old Indian girl who was murdered due to sexual assault. Radhika Takru(manager of social media in Breakthrough, India) started a twitter account to get her voice out in the world about women's rights.She explains that social media is a very successful way to promote organizations to make the world better. Here's my comment:Hello! My name is Miriah Grantham. I was assigned your blog for my EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Al, USA. As I was reading your post, I stopped to follow @Bell_Bajao on Twitter, so I could be able to see this work for myself. What is taking place here is phenomenal. Using social media for women's rights is a fantastic idea, and a great way to support women like the 23-year-old physiotherapy student you mentioned. Being a woman myself, I really enjoyed your post.

No comments:

Post a Comment