Saturday, October 12, 2013

C4T #2 Summary

In Quilting our Way to International Dot Day at USA, Paige Vitulli tells us about a project she did with her students. Inspired by the book, The Dot, the students decided to express their creativity. This book, written by Peter H. Reynolds, is about a teacher who encourages a student to see where a dot on a piece of paper takes them. Paige's students decided to make a quilt celebrating this book out of paper. The each made their own colorful creation and crumbled and smoothed it out until it felt soft, like a quilt. She then posted pictures of their creation and i was very impressed. Here is my comment: Hello! My name is Miriah Grantham and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I really enjoyed your post! What a wonderful idea to make a quilt out f paper and allow the students to express their creativity! Very inspiring and interesting. Thank for sharing :) I will be summarizing your post on MY blog at http://granthammiriahedm310.blogspot.com/!

In I am Education: Kids Tell All, Paige expresses her concern about the lack of art programs in certain schools. She tell us that over 4 million schools do not have an art program. She shows us a student that is very creative, but is limited to expressing it at school. There is a video of this little boy, explaining why he thinks art is important. Here is my comment: Hello, My name is Miriah Grantham. I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Al. I just wanted to say that i think this is a very important issue and every school should have some sort of art program! I believe it is so important for a child to be able to use their creativity and see what makes them stand out from the rest, what makes them different compared to others! I know there are many other children out there just like this precious little boy. I love the sentence, "There are so many better things to do than watch TV and art is one of the best things to do. Maybe you should try art." Great Post, thanks for sharing! http://granthammiriahedm310.blogspot.com/
a chalkvoard with C4T written on it

No comments:

Post a Comment