Sunday, November 3, 2013

C4T #3

JoshStumpenhorst standing in front of his classroom
For my C4T's, I was assigned a blog titled, Stump the Teacher. I really enjoyed the posts on this blog because they kept me interested. I actually found myself reading a few more posts that I was not required to read because I enjoyed them so much. The first pot I read was called The "real World". This was about educators try to prepare students for what they will be faced with in the real world. He explains that when he grew up, the only minority was his adopted sister becuase he lived in such a small town where "everybody knew your name, your business and your dog’s name…and your dog’s business too". He them says that once he became an educator, he noticed all these kids that were suffering through things they he could have never imagined. They were all in pain from death, divorce, poverty and may other tragedies. He sums up by saying he will no longer try to prepare his kids for the "real world", because it does not exist, but instead, he would help them learn to navigate the world they are living in now.
Here is my comment
Hello, My name is Miriah Grantham and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Al. Just a few thoughts concerning you post. I believe the "real world" is different from person to person. Some people may go through life rather blessed, having everything they ever wanted with nothing MAJORLY wrong happening to them. Others on the other hand, may have it rough. whether it's a death, a divorce, a fight... anything. I do agree with you that you never know what is going on behind the "smiling face", that's why i believe that it is important to develop a student-teacher relationship, which is what it seems like you do. I really enjoyed this post. Although this particular post was the one i was "assigned", i found myself reading some of your previous posts as well. You are very interesting and put things in a great perspective. I will be summarizing your post on my blog.Thank you! http://granthammiriahedm310.blogspot.com

The next post, "I used to think", was a series of situations where he explains what he used to think compared to what he realized now. For example, he says, "I used to think the more work I piled on a kid the more they would learn. Now I realize the more valuable the work I ask kids to do the more they will learn." He goes on with a list of 13 of these statements.
Here is my comment
Hello, My name is Miriah Grantham and I am in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I love your posts because I feel like I can always relate to them. I love this one in particular because it shows you how much the education system is progressing. I have noticed the changed you were speaking of whenever you said, "I used to think....now i realize....". It's amazing how when I was in school, it was the first way and now that I am taking these education classes, the second part of each statement is being enforced. I am so happy with your point of view with these situations and if every teacher thought like this, we would have a world FULL of wonderful educators! Great Post! granthammiriahedm310.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment