Sunday, November 24, 2013

C4T #4 Summary

Tom Schimmer

I was assigned Tom Schimmer for my C4T's, and I really enjoyed several of his posts. The first post was about Tom starting a new Facebook account. He said his goal was to have yet another place where he could connect with other educators around the world. He explained that he would still be using Twitter for shorter posts, and his blog for the longer ones,but his Facebook account would be a "middle ground". Then he tells us how to find him on all of his social networks.

Here is my comment: Hello, my name is Miriah Grantham and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I now follow your blog, and I will be sure to add your Twitter and Facebook accounts as well. EDM310 is based on the use of Technology, we had to make several PBL accounts and we do weekly assignments on our blogs. (granthammiriahedm310.blogspot.com). I really like how you use these accounts to connect with other educators! I still haven't mastered Twitter, but I am a big Facebook user and I actually enjoy blogging now. Thanks for expanding your knowledge through Facebook.



The next post I read was about the purpose of homework. He asked questions like, should it be assigned, how much is too much, and how much is too little. His all-around reason for posting this was to ask if homework was the "means or the end". Meaning should it just be used as practice, or used as an event itself to individual contribute to a report grade. Tom further discussed this topic at the Pearson-ATI’s 20th Annual Summer Conference on July 8-10 2013.

Here is my comment: Hello, My name is Miriah Grantham and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed reading this post, you made some very valid points. I think I will use homework as a form of practice. I will be teaching Elementary students, so I think i will incorporate it into my weekly parent letters. I will send home a packet every week that explains the work that their students would be learning that week with some example problems/ questions that they can answer. The parents could check their understanding or insure that they practice if they need to improve their grade. Thanks for posting! granthammiriahedm310@blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment